Processing Returns & Repairs
1. Repairs / to Products
2. Warranties & & Guarantees
- Please refer to our Returns and warranty Policies for more information about returning products.
- Repairs to products can be sent in directly to any Rectron service center country wide Service Centers
In order to be valid, a claim in terms of the guarantee as set out in clause 2.1.2 must be in writing, specifying the alleged defect, and supported by the original tax invoice. In addition, the goods must be returned by the customer to RCTzone at the customer’s expense, packaged in their original undamaged packaging material;
1. Repairs / to Products
- 1.1. RCTzone will prepare and issue a quotation for the repair of goods, which quotation will be furnished to the customer and on acceptance of the quotation by the customer, RCTzone will undertake the repairs in accordance with the quotation.
- 1.2. The customer is entitled to waive the necessity of a quotation for the repairs, alternatively is able to furnish RCTzone with a pre-authorisation for the repairs up to a specific maximum amount.
- 1.3. In the event that a quotation is requested by the customer, the customer agrees to pay a diagnostic fee of for preparing the estimate which includes labour in performing any diagnostic work, disassembly or reassembly required to prepare the quotation including any damage or loss of material or parts in the course of preparing the estimate. This charge will have to be paid by the customer, whether the quotation is accepted or not. This charge may change from time to time as Rectron sees fit. Rectron shall have the right of retention and lawful lien over the goods submitted for repairs until such time as the dealer/customer effects payment for the repairs and/or quotation fee in full.
2. Warranties & & Guarantees
- 2.1. PROVISIONS APPLICABLE TO CUSTOMERS WHO DO NOT FALL WITHIN CPA
- 2.1.1. No warranties, guarantees or representations, express or implied or tacit whether by law, contract or otherwise and whether they induced the contract or not, which are not set forth in this agreement shall be binding on RCTzone, the customer irrevocably waiving any right (common law or otherwise) it may have to rely thereon, and the goods are purchased on the basis that they are taken voetstoots and with the exclusion of all common law and other remedies including aedilitian remedies, whether as to the suitability of the goods sold for any specific purposes or (without limiting the generality of the aforegoing) otherwise;
- 2.1.2. To the extent that goods supplied by RCTzone are in any way defective, the replacement or repair of goods purchased will be subject to your original purchase agreement. The dealer shall within 10 days after the defect arises, notify RCTzone of the alleged defect, provided that RCTzone shall have been given a reasonable opportunity of inspecting any alleged defect. RCTzone shall notify the customer of the decision of RCTzone regarding the alleged defect, which decision shall be binding on the dealer. RCTzone’s liability shall be limited on return to the purchase price of the goods;
- 2.1.3. In order to be valid, a claim in terms of the guarantee as set out in clause 2.1.2 must be in writing, specifying the alleged defect, and supported by the original tax invoice. In addition, the goods must be returned by the customer to RCTzone at the customer’s expense, packaged in their original undamaged packaging material;
- 2.1.4. The parties agree that RCTzone shall have no liability in respect of any injury, loss or damage (direct, indirect or consequential) arising out of the use of, or inability to use, the goods and whether or not occasioned by RCTZone’s negligence (gross or otherwise) or any act or omission on its part. Without limiting the aforegoing RCTzone does not warrant that the goods will be fit for the purposes for which they are to be used by the customer (notwithstanding that the use to which the dealer intends to put the goods is known to RCTzone). For the purposes hereof, any reference to RCTzone shall include its servants, agents, contractors or any other person for whose acts or omissions RCTzone may be liable in law (the agreement between RCTzone and the customer as contemplated in this clause is for the benefit of RCTzone’s servants, agents or any other persons for whom RCTzone is liable for in law);
- 2.1.5. RCTzone shall be relieved of all obligations in terms of this clause 2, if:
- 184.108.40.206. repairs or modifications have been made by persons other than RCTzone, unless such repairs or modifications are made with the prior written consent of RCTzone;
- 220.127.116.11. any goods are operated with any accessory, equipment or part not specifically supplied or approved in writing by RCTzone;
- 18.104.22.168. the goods shall not have been operated or maintained in accordance with RCTzone’s instruction, or under normal use, or the goods shall not have been properly installed.
- 2.1.6. If repairs or replacements are affected by RCTzone, only the parts actually worked on and not the complete goods shall be subject to a new guarantee, if any, hereunder;
- 2.1.7. The customer who acquires goods for the purpose of on-selling those goods, whether that customer is permitted to do so or not (and nothing herein contained shall be deemed to allow the customer to on-sell goods acquired from RCTzone whilst ownership vests in RCTzone), shall not advertise or issue or in any other way give or make any warranties, guarantees or representations as to the goods in any form whatsoever or offer to do so, which could result in liability being imposed upon RCTzone;
- 2.1.8. The above warranties are subject to the following conditions:
- 22.214.171.124. RCTzone shall be under no liability to the customer until the customer has paid the full amount due to RCTzone in respect of the goods concerned;
- 126.96.36.199. RCTzone shall be under no liability in respect of any defect arising from fair wear and tear, wilful damage, negligence, abnormal working conditions, failure to follow RCTzone instructions (whether oral or in writing), improper use outside RCTzone’s specifications, damage to the goods caused by improper maintenance, service or repair by untrained personnel or technicians, and unauthorised alterations or modifications of the goods;
- 188.8.131.52. RCTzone shall be under no liability in respect of parts, materials or equipment which are accepted in the industry to have a limited life expectancy or parts, materials or equipment, which need to be replaced at specified and published service intervals (“consumable parts”);
- 184.108.40.206. RCTzone shall be under no liability in the event that spare parts and consumable parts other than those recommended for use by RCTzone are fitted, attached or used on the goods.
- 2.1.9. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this agreement, RCTzone shall not be liable to the dealer by reason of any representation or implied warranty, condition or other term or any duty at common law, or under the express terms of this agreement, for any consequential loss or damage (whether for loss or profit or otherwise and whether occasioned by the negligence of RCTzone or its employees or agents or otherwise) arising out of or in connection with any act or omission of Rectron relating to the supply of the goods, their resale by the dealer or use by any third party.
- 2. AGREEMENTS SUBJECT TO CPA
- 2.2.1. Within 6 months after delivery of the goods to the dealer, the customer may return the goods to RCTzone, (this excludes any software products) without penalty, if the goods do not satisfy the requirements and standards contemplated in Section 55 of the CPA in which event RCTzone may either: a) repair or replace the failed, unsafe or defective goods; or b) refund the dealer for the price paid by the dealer for the goods.
- 2.2.2. In the event of RCTzone repairing any particular goods or component of such goods and within 3 months of that repair, the failure or defect or unsafe features not being remedied, or a further failure, defect or unsafe feature is discovered, RCTzone shall: a) replace the goods; or b) refund the customer the price paid by the dealer for the goods.
- 2.2.3. The aforesaid warranty exists in addition to an express warranty or condition stipulated by the producer or importer as the case may be;
- 2.2.4. In the event of RCTzone providing any new or reconditioned parts installed during any repair or maintenance work and the labour required to install it, such work and parts will be warranted for a period of 3 months after date of installation or such longer period as RCTzone may specify in writing;
- 2.2.5. This warranty is subject to the parts, goods and/or property not being misused or abused and does not apply to any ordinary wear and tear having regard to the circumstances in which it was intended to be ordinarily used.